As part of our efforts to keep you entertained in lockdown and try to ensure your tiny brains don’t turn entirely to marshmallow, we’re going to start doing a sort of regular quiz
The idea is to try and do one each Friday, but don’t hold us to it. Here’s the first one. You can get your sticky paws on the answers by clicking the link at the bottom. There’s a bonus to be had if you can work out why this quiz has a ‘Mad Dogs & Englishmen’ theme.
1. Into which sea does the Nile flow?
2. Three continents lie on the Tropic of Capricorn, South America is one, name any of the other two?
3. In American currency 10 cents make a what?
4. Afrikaans was developed from which European language?
5. An Ortanique is a cross between a tangerine and what other fruit?
6. What Italian word for ‘Scratched Drawing’ can be found on walls all over the world?
7. What musical features ‘Some Enchanted Evening’ and ‘There Is Nothing like a Dame’?
8. What was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?
9. Which boxer was nicknamed ‘The Dark Destroyer’?
10. What was the name of Ritchie Valens’ girlfriend?
11. What is the procedure called where an anaesthetic is injected close to the spinal cord?
12. What poisonous oily liquid occurs naturally in tobacco leaves?
13. Who had his first UK top 10 hit with ‘Wichita Lineman’?
14. Which sign of the Zodiac is represented by the Scales?
15. In which country was Rudyard Kipling born?
16. What is the gemstone for September?
17. What instrument has been nicknamed the ‘Mississippi Saxophone’?
18. One and a half litres of champagne is known as a what?
19. In alphabetical order name the three particles that make up an atom?
20. What is the common name of the ‘Aurora Borealis’?
Hopefully this will keep your brains active and give you something to do. Get on your Zooms, call up your groups, set up some prizes and get competitive.
Once you’ve had enough you can find the answers HERE